+61 3 9898 9221

+61 3 9890 6310

Company History

E. F. McPhail and Partners, Certified Practising Accountants, was established by the late Eric McPhail in 1945. Subsequently, as the business expanded, he was joined by his sons, Ross in 1957 and Brian in 1972. The practice was initially located in Little Collins Street. In 1954 we moved to Box Hill, firstly at 882 Whitehorse Road, then 1025 Whitehorse Road.

Then in June 1981 our new office at 689 Whitehorse Road, Mont Albert, was completed and we were located there and at 687 Whitehorse Road until August 2002. Due to further expansion and the obvious benefits of our accounting practice, financial planning business and Housing Loans Group being under the one roof, we acquired a new premises at 38 Ellingworth Parade, Box Hill, and moved in on 2nd September 2002.

The Founder: Mr. Eric McPhail, FASA, FCIS (1907-1987):
Having founded the firm, Eric was one of the first people in Victoria to establish and become Secretary of Co-operative Housing Societies. Over the years Eric developed a wealth of knowledge in general accountancy matters and was a recognised authority on Co-operative Housing Societies.

Eric retired from the practice on 30th June 1985 but maintained an active involvement in a consulting capacity until his death.

↑ Top of Page